Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble

A collection of Hetalia AU Roleplays

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Work It (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antonio F. Carriedo

Antonio F. Carriedo

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Antonio checked himself in the cracked mirror of his motel room one last time, his gaze traveling from head to waist. His hair was still untamable, but the gel made it look more or less like an intentional mess. Though the one set of casual business attire that Antonio owned was not as comfortable as the clothes he was used to wearing, it was enough to make him feel like he was ready to take on the interview he had scheduled for that afternoon. He was currently employed as a waiter in a restaurant downtown, but the job had hardly paid enough before his frugal boss had decided to cut down on everyone’s hours so that there was never more than one waiter serving at a time. The result was chaos that was exhausting and in his opinion, no longer worth it. Antonio couldn’t even afford his old rent anymore, so he was stuck paying day by day for cheap accommodations until he found something better. He hoped today would be the day his luck would change.

Twenty minutes before his appointment, Antonio began making his way down the street towards the Thorny Rose. He had submitted an application earlier that week while he was making his rounds in the area, looking for potential jobs. This club had seemed like a good opportunity- there would probably be plenty of hours to work since the place stayed open so late. Antonio was really more of a morning person after years of having to get up early to go teach his dance classes, but he could adjust. It still saddened him that there had been no openings at any of the dance studios he had visited in the city, but after he had lost his school, the Spaniard’s hope of ever earning his living through his talent again had significantly dimmed. There was no more Mr. Vargas to carve out a path for him; the time of easy breaks being handed to him were all over. Now it was up to Antonio to find something that worked on his own. Maybe someday he’d shoot for something higher than waiting tables, but for now, this was the most that his past work experience could offer him outside of teaching dance.

He listened to his little iPod as he walked, a bit of a relic compared to what was available these days, but Antonio’s constant companion nonetheless. The Spaniard couldn’t live without listening to music when it was quiet. The familiar songs playing in his ear made him forget that he was alone in this country. He had fallen out of touch with most of the friends he had made before the closing of his school, and now most of the human contact he had outside of work was limited to the phone calls he made to his family back in Spain. He wanted to work somewhere that had music playing all the time, where he could feel like part of him was still dancing even if he was stuck waiting tables. Antonio nodded a bit in time with the beat as he finally reached his destination. It was before opening hours, but the door was unlocked. Antonio put away his iPod and entered into the front lounge, looking around for the man he had come to meet. He was still a bit early, but obviously, someone had been expecting him.

“Hello? Is anyone here?”
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:35 am

Arthur had expected his interviewee, a man by the name of Antonio, to arrive any minute, and so he'd decided to stay downstairs, busying himself refreshing the floral arrangements adorning the corners and walls. He figured he'd be near enough to the doors to hear the inner ones open. The blond wondered what sort of person this Antonio would be; he'd seemed nice enough on the phone, and when they'd talked briefly when the other had applied. Although Arthur was slightly worried as to how Antonio would react to the news that the Thorny Rose was not just a restaurant and bar, but a strip club as well. Some were not quite so enthusiastic to work at his establishment once they found this out, and Arthur supposed he could understand, respectable though the Rose was. It would be one of the first things he'd tell the applicant at their scheduled interview today-- and after all, Antonio would find out soon enough as the entertainment area would be left open for its weekly carpet steaming, and the stage visible from nearly all places in the establishment.

Letting out a short sigh and feeling a little tired but accomplished, Arthur sat on one of the barstools (after making himself a Pimm's, of course) to wait for the man he was to interview. No sooner had he taken his first refreshing sip than he heard a merry voice calling out. He checked his watch, smiling. Early; this usually meant the man was punctual by nature.

"Yes, yes, coming," Arthur called back, abandoning his drink to stand and brush the minute wrinkles from his slacks before walking briskly toward the double doors and the man who had just walked through them. "Mr. Carriedo, I presume?" he greeted, offering his hand for the younger man to shake, and hoping that he'd pronounced the name right.
Back to top Go down
http://ask-punk-arthur-kirkland.tumblr.com
Antonio F. Carriedo

Antonio F. Carriedo

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Antonio heard the voice answer him and took one deep breath to calm his nerves before his features settled into a friendly smile. He walked towards the man who greeted him and shook the offered hand with a grip that was a little tighter than he intended.

“Yes, that’s right! You can call me Antonio. I was applying for a job as a waiter here. You must be the boss! It’s very nice to meet you.”

Much to his embarrassment, he was having trouble remembering the restaurant owner’s name. He was sure the other had introduced himself on the phone, but Antonio’s memory wasn’t the best, so he hoped the man would repeat it at some point. For now, he just had to concentrate on getting the job. The boss was younger than Antonio had expected, but he seemed confident and capable. Antonio was not relaxed enough to really take in his appearance, but he couldn’t miss the thick eyebrows that hovered over the other’s green eyes. He found himself staring at them a bit too long and averted his gaze, taking a look around the entrance area and admiring the decor instead. He imagined it was a lot of work to run an establishment like this one and keep it looking so nice. Most of the places the Spaniard had worked hadn’t been nearly as high-end; he was curious to see more of it.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 am

Arthur offered a polite smile as the younger man shook his hand enthusiastically, inwardly impressed by the firmness in his grip and the friendly smile that lit Antonio's face. The grip meant firm character, the natural, genuine smile meant he was good with people - both were useful traits. He nodded in response to Antonio's words.

"Indeed I am, you may call me Arthur if you like. A pleasure to meet you as well, Antonio." Though they had previously met when Antonio had applied for the job, they hadn't really had much time to talk, so it would be nice for Arthur to get to know his potential employee a little better.

"Would you like a drink before we get down to business, then?" he offered, already making his way toward the bar (he could just retrieve his own drink should Antonio decline, so the motion wouldn't seem awkward), though he walked somewhat sideways so as not to be rude and turn his back on the man. He seemed nervous, and a drink could help relax him a little. Arthur may be useless at cooking, but his bartending skills were still top notch from his college days when he worked at the bar in Birmingham, and he could mix a good drink. He stole a quick glance at the clock as he walked; about ten minutes till the crew to clean the carpets in the entertainment area would be here. Arthur wasn't worried; the steamers they used were quiet, and the crew knew what to do so they could get started right away without needing input from Arthur. The interview wouldn't be interrupted by them, the only potential issue with their being here was, of course, the necessary opening of the doors separating the entertainment area from the dining and bar areas. Arthur hoped Antonio wouldn't react negatively to seeing the stage (and the poles that adorned the satellite stages and obviously marked the establishment as one that was more adult in nature).
Back to top Go down
Antonio F. Carriedo

Antonio F. Carriedo

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:32 am

Arthur! Arthur, like Arturo, he reminded himself, thinking of an old acquaintance who had been named the Spanish equivalent. Antonio repeated it in his head over and over again, hoping it would stick to his memory. He was so focused on this task that he didn’t comprehend the other’s offer right away.

“Hm? Ah! A drink? Would that...would that be okay?” he stuttered, not used to the idea of drinking on the job at all. The other restaurants he worked at had forbidden it, so he had never thought of having alcohol in his place of work, even during his breaks. Well, he wasn’t exactly working now. The first step was just to get hired. Antonio liked the idea of having a drink to calm his nerves a little. Just as long as he didn’t overindulge, the Spaniard knew he would be much more relaxed during the interview and could show Arthur the confidence he had in his ability to be a good employee. He followed the man gratefully and stood near the bar, waiting to be invited to sit down in case Arthur wanted to move to one of the tables instead.

“Well, if you don’t mind, a glass of rum does sound really nice right now,” Antonio admitted, sucking lightly on his bottom lip and anticipating the spicy sting of the drink. “Maybe a Dark ‘n’ Stormy, please?”

While he was waiting, he took a moment to examine his new viewpoint within the restaurant.  There were large doors that seemed to open up to another area. Antonio wondered if there was really more to the restaurant that he could see. Maybe they had a special room for parties? He supposed he could always ask later, if the boss gave him a chance to ask questions about the restaurant or cared to show him around.  

Last edited by Antonio F. Carriedo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Arthur chuckled. Many restaurants strictly forbade the consumption of alcohol by their employees while on shift (and for good reason, of course), but Arthur saw nothing wrong with partaking a little, so long as temperance was exercised. (He allowed his employees one alcoholic drink per shift, if they wanted one, and access to as much water and soft drink as they wanted. Couldn't have anyone getting dehydrated after all, especially the ones who danced all night.) "Of course it's fine, what would you like?" He moved around the bar, nodding as Antonio gave his order. "A rum man, eh? I like you already," he said with a smile; the idle talk was serving to put Arthur more at ease as he geared up to deliver the news that could gain or lose this potential employee's interest. "Please, have a seat."

The art of drink-making (for it really was an art, full of theatrics and craftsmanship and precise measurements) was one that Arthur had mastered years ago, and still practiced from time to time to keep his skills sharp, and it showed in the way he effortlessly flipped a Collins glass into his hand from the shelf behind the bar. It spun and landed on the surface in front of him as he dropped several ice cubes into it, then wasted no time pouring in the rum and ginger beer, pausing only to ask if Antonio would like lime (some people did, some people didn't; Arthur himself preferred it with lime but he couldn't be sure) before finishing and setting the perfectly-mixed drink in front of Antonio before coming back around the bar and sitting beside him, his own drink in hand.

He noticed the time on the wall clock as he passed, noticing that he had only a couple of minutes left before the cleaning crew arrived and the doors would be opened. Well, he had to tell him anyway; he'd noticed Antonio looking around the restaurant, had seen the curious look he gave the sliding doors. And now he could already hear footsteps coming from the other side, meaning that the crew was just arriving.

"There's something you must know before we proceed," he said simply, politely, betraying exactly none of his slight inner nervousness. "The Thorny Rose is a restaurant, but it is, first and foremost," Arthur heard the telltale sound of the sliding doors opening, as though on cue, "…a strip club." The main stage was slowly revealed, gleaming with a recent oil soap treatment. The cleaning lights had been turned on, and their refracted light made the entertainment area shine. "I need to know that my employees are all aware of and comfortable with that."
Back to top Go down
Antonio F. Carriedo

Antonio F. Carriedo

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Antonio watched, impressed, as Arthur prepared the drinks. The man obviously had some training and skill as a bartender. That would have been interesting to learn, Antonio thought, if he ever had the opportunity. He gladly accepted the offer for lime in his drink and thanked Arthur as the other placed the Dark ‘n’ Stormy before him.  Making himself comfortable at the bar, Antonio took a sip of his drink and listened to what his potential employer was saying about the restaurant. While the man spoke, he noticed the doors he had been curious about earlier opening up to reveal a rather impressive stage. Antonio’s eyes widened a bit in surprise, but he wasn’t exactly shocked. This was Soho, after all. He had suspected the type of crowds that might gather here, and it made sense that those large doors might have been hiding something like this stage.

A strip club, hm? Antonio smiled a bit, remembering one time when he had gone to a similar place with Francis. His boyfriend at the time had indulged in a little too much alcohol, leaving the Spaniard no choice but to drag him home afterwards...but Antonio remembered being entranced by the dancing- not just for the obvious reasons but just from the art of it. The strippers he had seen had their routine down to a science, and as a professional dancer himself, Antonio had been able to appreciate the skill it took to move one’s body so fluidly and to coordinate all that precision and passion with the removal of their clothes. He had even been inspired to practice some of the same techniques at home, much to Francis’ pleasure. Well, that had been a long time ago…

“Oh, ah- it’s no problem at all!” Antonio answered, trying to look like he meant it. “Honestly, it doesn’t bother me. I used to teach dance myself, and I appreciate all...styles.”

He grinned a little at Arthur and took another sip of his drink, letting the rum warm his throat. He hoped he wasn’t embarrassing himself. Talking about what went on in strip clubs wasn’t part of his daily conversation, but he had nothing to hide, especially from one who seemed the least likely to judge him for it.  
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Arthur couldn't help the inward feeling of relief that washed over him as Antonio reacted calmly. Sure, he was surprised, it was only natural, but he'd had applicants react in much worse ways before. (Although, it was good they react negatively right away rather than afterwards; the paperwork was nothing if not obnoxious.) One thing stuck out more, however.

"You used to teach dance?" Arthur repeated, intrigued. That would definitely be useful to the Rose. Mostly his performers made up their own routines, because their styles and skill sets differed, but perhaps a little choreography might give them some ideas to work into their own performances. Antonio's experience as a dance instructor hadn't been brought up when the man had applied, but perhaps he merely supposed it wouldn't be relevant for a job as a waiter. "How long did you teach?" The wheels were turning in Arthur's head... One thing was for certain, though, Arthur did not want this young man's talents wasted carrying trays for a living (even if Arthur's waitstaff did make excellent tips).
Back to top Go down
Antonio F. Carriedo

Antonio F. Carriedo

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Antonio lifted his eyebrows in surprise, pleased that the other had taken an interest in his history as a dance instructor. Since his school had failed, his pride had taken a hard blow, but Antonio knew once given the chance, he would hopefully be able to make his living doing what he loved again.

“Oh, yes, I’m very passionate about it!” he replied with a grin. “I studied it for a few years and taught in a school for about two...but then I had to move on,” he added sadly, hoping the other wouldn’t ask for too many details about why he had quit. He didn’t want Arthur to think his school had gone out of business because he was a bad instructor. It had just been a difficult time in his life in addition to not being able to find enough students to stay interested in the program. Managing a school was difficult enough for someone with more experience, much less a young man who was still grieving his benefactor. The Spanish man sighed wistfully. “I do miss it, though.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work It (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work It (Closed)   Work It (Closed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work It (Closed)
Page 1 of 1